Pages

Sunday, 11 April 2010

House of Light


Kia ora

Using the new theme of the month, Art Deco, I have created a modern day wallpaper using the design of that style.

Waipapa Point Lighthouse, in the Catlins, not far from where I live, is a lovely un-manned, and, now, what seems to be sadly neglected, lighthouse on the south coast of Aotearoa/New Zealand. I have created another wallpaper using photographs of this same lighthouse, namely The Red Door from 25 February 2010.

One of the worst shipwrecks in the history of Aotearoa/New Zealand was off the shores of Waipapa Point when, in 1881, 131 people were drowned when the passenger steamer, Tararua, was wrecked on a reef off Waipapa Point.

DOWNLOAD

Hope you like this new wallpaper.

Thank you for popping by my blog.

Please check out the blogs and websites of my friends from A Touch of Class. You will find links in the sidebar of this blog. Check out their cards, too.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Apr. 11, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speared my heart with a Lighthouse !!

    Thankyou Jeni ........... and the Art Deco '' almost a Fresnel Lens'' at the sides... perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeni, I love this, having been there makes it even more special, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...