Pages

Friday, 16 April 2010

A Distinctive Dome


Kia ora

Many years ago I spent a week in New York and have many wonderful memories of that fascinating city. On the corner of 42nd Street and Lexington Avenue is The Chrysler Building, an Art Deco style skyscraper. I fell in love with this gorgeous building back then, and when our theme turned to Art Deco, this was definitely a chance for me to use a photograph by Leena Hietanen found on wikimedia commons and tubed before using a filter to create this unusual effect.


The original photograph is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 License, which means I am free to share and make derivative works of the file so long as I appropriately attribute it, and distribute it only under a license identical to the above.

DOWNLOAD

Hope you enjoy the beautiful Chrysler Building as shown in this wallpaper.

Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Thankyou Jeni for wonderful stainless steel and sparkles !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Apr. 16, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeni,

    I just discovered your site today and downloaded nearly all of your beautiful photographic offerings.
    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful 'eye'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. I truly appreciate them all.

    Jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [16 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...