Pages

Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Reunion


Kia ora

A few weeks ago, on 17 January 2009, a re-enactment took place of the landing of the Strathallan 150 years ago, in Timaru, Aotearoa/New Zealand.

This event was pertinent to me because one of my ancestors, Richard CHAMPION, emigrated from Ewelme in Oxfordshire, England on board the Strathallan.

It was a wonderful day and I have used the same image as that used for my blog entry below. The image shows a few of the people of Timaru dressed in costume to greet some of the descendants who arrived on the beach at Caroline Bay in January this year.

I hope you like this new desktop, it has been a while since I have created any desktop for you all.

A zip file with three sizes is available here.

Thank you for downloading my desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...